Friday, July 22, 2011

A new puppy!

Thanks to the lovely SoSo we now have a new puppy. My Mom called me Saturday July 2 and said if she had enough time after work, so was going to come by. I said OK and went about doing things around the house. Around 4:30 I hear her pull in the driveway, she comes inside and tells me, "Hey! Jonathan's birthday present just came in!" Me: "What do you mean? His birthday was in March!" Mom: "Well, don't be mad, you know these things are hard to come by! I know y'all don't have a whole lot of room for it, BUT....I got Jonathan a dog! You know the one he has been wanting, female, chocolate lab." As I stare glaring at her with a face of 'Oh my god, I can't BELIEVE you!!!' She tells me "Oh don't look at me like that, you know how hard it is to find one of these!" I agree with her, and tell her "OK, lets go get it." So, we tell Jonathan that we had to go pick up something for him. (He was so confused, he had no idea!) We picked up the dog, and she was just pretty as can be. The whole way home I'm thinking, what the hell am I going to do with a dog. Great now I have to spend more money, on dog food, toys, a kennel, collar, shots, and etc. The only thing I could see and think of was $$$$$ dollar signs!!! But I knew it would make the kids and Jonathan happy and there is no greater feeling and sight than that.
When we got to the house, Jonathan was excited but also was like where the heck are we going to keep her! Of course the kids went ecstatic! Rheanna being such an animal lover that she, just clung to the dog. And Jacob actually loves to play with her. We named her Molly. She is a very smart dog. It didn't take her long to know we don't cry at night when in her kennel unless she has to go to the bathroom. She has never gone to the bathroom in her kennel. Every once in a while she will go in the house. But, overall she is going to be a great dog.
Rheanna loves to cuddle with her and play outside. They will roll around in the dirt and grass and just be happy as can be. Jacob loves to play chase with her. He will run and jump on the couch or bed or on the picnic table. Molly will come running after him and when she gets close he jump off and run around again. He gets a kick out of it. He will laugh and laugh about it. And any time we go anywhere they always have to fix Molly up. They go inside and brush her, spray perfume on her, and always put a bow on her collar. It is so cute! I don't have many pictures of her but here are a few:

Molly at 6 wks. old. She is so tired from all the excitement on July 4th

Here she is with me and Jonathan at deer camp riding around filling up feeders!

No comments:

Post a Comment