Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Well I know I just posted earlier today. But we had a great evening last night just had to share!

Each of the kids brought home a Christmas tree which had instructions to decorate the trees as a family. Be creative, we could use pretty much anything, beads, ribbon, stickers, etc. So we got out my activities box...of course the first thing they go for is the beads and jingle bells. I wanted to start supper so I told them while I prepared supper they can start putting things on their tree. They actually were doing pretty good till they found the glitter!!! NO!!! I love the way glitter looks on things but hate the mess!! So I call that an outside project! They couldn't use it or look at it till everything else was glued and put on. haha!
After putting supper in the oven, Jonathan and I sat down and helped the kids hot glue the beads and jingle bells and others that they wanted on the tree! You can definitely tell that the kids decorated them! I hate to be one of those parents that do the kids projects for them, just so they 'look' prettier....I think my kids creations are beautiful without any of my help...plus it opens their mind to imagine and create wonders!








Rheannas was just the way she wanted it. Simple and classy!













Jake on the other hand had to put everything on it a certain way. I had some camo paper that I cut out into the shape of leaves so he could put that on there. Then he had to have a whole line of beads down the middle of the tree with jingle bells on the ends of the tree and little pom poms. But that is what he wanted so that is what we did!







We had a great evening that is until supper time....I made roast with potatoes and Jonathan made corn bread and brownies for dessert! We always eat at the coffee table it is something we started doing a while back and just enjoyed it so we kept doing it. Everything was very good! I was sitting in the middle and had Rheanna on the left side of me and Jake on the right side of me. Half way through eating Rheanna said she was done eating and that she wanted a brownie. I told her that if she had room for the brownie she had enough room to finish her plate and then get a brownie. Needless to say she didn't like what I told her. But she kept eating, at least I thought she did.....Me knowing how the kids are and their personalities. I knew something was up. Rheanna is a slow eater. So when 2 pieces of her meat where gone withing a few seconds something wasn't right...I asked her where she had put the two pieces of meat at. She said she ate them, but I knew better! I asked her 3 times and then asked if she had put them under the table, she said no! So I asked her 2 times if she was lieing, and she said no! Not until I move the table did she start saying YES, YES!! She had taken her meat and threw it under the coffee table just so she could get the brownie. This did not sit well with Jonathan he told her exactally what he thought and she was sent to bed! Jake, oh my sweet innocent Jake. As me and Jonathan are cleaning up the mess from under the table. Jake is sitting on the other side of the table shaking his head saying..."Good trick,.. that was a good trick," I couldn't help but laugh. The way he said it was hilarious! The rest of the night ended up pretty good! Jake finished eating his food and got a brownie and then hit the sack! I got the dishes and kitchen clean and watched a movie...

Well Until next time.....God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment