Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sweet Little Moments


There are so many moments in life that are over looked. Like every time we say I love you, or times that our kids say the sweetest things. I am sure we think we can remember everything but as time goes on and the kids begin to grow all these things become over looked. We start thinking more about the future, college, expenses and so on.  That is one reason I started this blog, I want to be able to share and remember ALL the 'little' moments. Especially when the kids are older they can look back and laugh, and appreciate every thing they were when given- love, affection, laughter, happiness, and even those sweet little moments.

Last night was one of those memories. We had a nice evening, Rheanna and I went to go get 2 movies.( Notice I bolded the 2). We usually go to Blockbuster every so often and get a movie, one for the kids, and one for me and Jonathan. Well when we got there they were having a SALE. ----I am a Coupon Mom and try to save around every corner. That is why we don't rent the movies I just buy the previewed ones. It is the same cost as renting one and plus you get to keep it!---- Well instead of just getting the 2 movies we came for we walked out with 10 movies!! ( I know it sounds bad but listen). The sale was buy $25 worth of movies get $25 of movies for free!!! Now how can I pass that deal up! We got 10 movies, some that were newer releases, for $30. Now a days you can go to Wal-Mart and buy a newer release movie for $20.00! So need less to say we won't have to buy movies for a LONG time!

When we got back to the house I started supper, we had a nice dinner, ate dessert, and watched one of the new movies with the kids. We watched Marmaduke, it was such a cute and funny movie. I highly recommend it as a family movie. ( I think I laughed more than the kids!)  I absolutely love when we have family movie night. Usually we each have one kid cuddled next to us watching the movie. Last night was different though by the end of the movie, Jake was cuddled on top of my right side and Rheanna on my left. I love to know the feeling that they love me so much, just as much as I love them. It just gets me all warm and fuzzy inside.( I know corny, but true.)


After the movie, we went to put the kids to bed.----Every night Jonathan and I lay both the kids down and have to say our night prayers. I am so proud that Rheanna learned all her prayers within 2 weeks. And Jake is slowly starting to know a few.----When we say our prayers I usually sit on Jakes bed and Jonathan on Rheanna's bed. Last night after we got done saying prayers, I was giving Jake hugs and kisses, he gave me a big hug and wouldn't let go. ( Here is one of those sweet little moments) Jake was hugging me and told me " Kimmie I will hold you forever." I said "Really!" Jake replied, " Yes, I hold you forever and you can't go to work, I will make you late." Now by this time I'm starting to laugh. I told him "Well I have to go to bed too!" He replied "Well, you are in bed, my bed!" As I was trying to hold in my laughter I told him, " Well maybe Daddy wants to hold me!?" And his reply was, "Well, Daddy doesn't like you, but I do!" I asked him "Why does Daddy keep me around then, just to cook and clean?" He said, "Yea, he doesn't  like you he just likes you to cook and clean!" I was busting out laughing at this point. Then Jake looks at me with those sparkling little eyes and says, " Kimmie I just playing! Haha! Daddy likes you a whole lot and I do too!" It was the most hilarous thing I had ever heard! By this time Jonathan walks in the room cause he had heard us laughing so much, he walked in and I told him what Jake had said. Jonathan started laughing and asked, " Jake are taking my girlfriend away? What about me?" Jake had one arm wrapped around me and threw out his other arm and said, " Come here Daddy, I have two hands! I hold you both!" It was the sweetest yet funniest things he has ever done. This is just one of those 'sweet little moments' I will cherish forever.

These are the moments in life that sometimes slip between the cracks over the years. But now they can be cherished forever by the family, and by the kids when they get older. Until next time........God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful you feel the way you do. How blessed all of you are...and I love "Coupon MOM"

    ReplyDelete