Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Fun

This year for Easter was a busy one! This year I called everyone from Jonathan's side of the family to do an Easter get together at our house. It turned out better than we could have imagined! Everyone had lots of fun including the kids and the lunch was pretty tasty, if I might say so myself. I had seasoned a pork roast earlier in the week and Saturday morning I woke up extra earlier and left the house by 6:45 to take it to my parents house and put it on their BBQ pit. (My dad has a great pit where the fire is low to the ground and it just cooks so much better than ours.) So Saturday morning I spent most of my time with my Dad. It was nice to spend some much needed father daughter time with him. But it was short lived since I had to get back to the house and finish cooking the potatoes, sweet corn, BBQ sauce, and gravy. Everyone arrived at our house at 12. And about 12:20 we said the blessing, got a plate, and we headed outside to eat. It was such a beautiful day I didn't want to waste a single minute of it inside! After we finished eating, the kids started playing so this gave me the perfect opportunity to go hide the Easter eggs in the front yard! Then the real fun happened when I lined the kids up, counted to 3, and off they went, finding lots and lots of Easter eggs! We all enjoyed visiting on the front porch for a little while longer and then everyone headed home to take a much needed nap! We really enjoyed all the company and plan to do it again next year!

Ready, Set, Go!


Jacob finding 'em in the flowerbeds
The boys

Everyone on the front porch helping look for eggs!

Shawn checking on his candy

Rhea and Jake sorting through their eggs.
Once everyone left we cleaned up from lunch and headed over to Dawns house. The whole gang was over there and we visited for a while before their big Easter egg hunt started. There was lots of kiddos who did the hunt! Afterwards I had the kids eat really quick and then we had to leave. I know the kids and Jonathan really wanted to stay longer and so did I, but my Aunt Debbie was getting confirmed this same night at the Easter Vigil Mass and I really wanted to attend. So we headed out and they dropped me off at Church before they headed home. Although I didn't get home til 10:45pm the mass was beautiful and I was glad I could be there for Debbie.

Sunday morning I woke everyone up early and we all got dressed and headed to 7am Mass. Boy was it packed! Luckily they brought me a chair to sit on so I didn't have to stand the whole Mass. After Mass we stopped by Jack-n-Box to pick up some breakfast and I snapped this shot of us while waiting in line.
After Church getting some breakfast.
Next we headed to Grandma Drapelas Easter. This is always a highlight for the kids and us. We enjoy getting to see all the cousins, aunts, and uncles and eat some great food. There is always so much for the kids to do over there and too many kids to count to play with! The Easter egg hunt at Grandma Drapelas is always a big one! They have lots of great prizes in the eggs as well. Jacob racked up this year on money, $14. Rheanna had to be in the 'big' kid hunt this year but also racked in $5.00 and $5.00 worth of Lotto tickets.

Rhea in the big kid group

Jacob in the middle group
McKenlie, Jacob, and Jake getting all the eggs they can!

The big kid group
Daddy helping Jacob

Rheanna

The family, excuse the big belly Parker has been growing like a weed lately!
Rolling in the money!

All their eggs!
Overall we had a great Easter weekend! I was one tired Momma after getting up early all weekend long but anything to make my family happy and to have lots of great memories! Until next time.....God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment