Thursday, December 6, 2012

Can't believe how fast time flys......

I can't believe how fast time flies! I haven't been on here in a very, very long time! We were so busy with the wedding planning and also buying a new house! It has been quite crazy this year and now it is already coming to a close. :( I will try to catch everyone up to speed but hang on this will be one heck of a post!

On July 6th 2012 we bought our first home! We have been working towards this goal for quite some time now and eventually got the approval from our mortgage company...FINALLY! We found a cute 3 bedroom home with just the right amount of land to go with it. We are not in city limits but are right on the outside of it. We have great neighbors and many friends that live in the same area. Finally the kids have friends to play with! But before the moving could actually begin we had to CLEAN! It doesn't matter how many times you clean a place I always have to go back and clean it again my way. I guess its just a mental thing. But let me tell you we cleaned every nook and cranny in the house before we moved everything in. I painted both of the kids rooms with a neutral tan color. We replaced the carpet in the living room and also painted the living/dining room. Here are a few pics of the moving process:







Living Room Before



Living Room After




Dining/Entry Before



Dining/Entry After

These are just some of the before and after pics of the house. We have also done lots of work on the yard as well. Cut back all the trees, moved in some dirt in some low places, cut back in the flowerbeds, etc. We are currently working on the hallway. We have all new doors for bedrooms and bathroom, and now just need to paint hallway and trim. Our next big project will be the 'storage' room which will turn into the baby's room! We love our new home and are so much happier here with our own privacy and LOTS of room to run around! We sit on close to 2 acres of land.

The house took up most of our Summer but it was totally worth it. We did manage to get a break and do some camping down at Yogi Bear Park with my parents. This was the 1st year Jonathan and I have went. The kids went last year with my parents and had a blast! It was a great place with lots of different activities for the kids to enjoy! We will definitely be going back! We didn't make it down to the beach this year but did enjoy frequent trips to ELKS Lodge and to Uncle Billy's pond. It was a fun but FAST summer.

I almost forgot to mention: Wharton County Youth Fair 2012! We couldn't be more happy with the way everything turned out for Rheanna in her 1st year of 4-H. She raised Broilers this past year and did super duper excellent!! She got up every morning at 6:30 fed and watered the chicks and stirred the hauls. She continued this in the evening when she got home from school. There were quit a few times where she didn't want to do it but for the most part she did great. She started to learn more about responsibility and being dedicated even when you don't want too. All her hard work paid off when she won 9th place with her Broilers! She made the Top 10 and got to sale in the Sale of Excellence. I don't think she realized just how much of an accomplishment that is. If she continues to do well every year like this she will have a nice little nest egg saved for her College Fund.
Rheanna 2012 9th Place Broilers
On to our next BIG adventure our Wedding:
We had been planning our wedding for a about a year now. Everything was in order and ready to go. Friday, the day before the wedding, came and all the planning was in full force now. We had lots of help decorating the hall, thanks to a special friend, Virginia. She is a life-saver, she helped pull many of my ideas together and made the hall look spectacular! I couldn't be more happy with the way it all turned out. Then Saturday came, we got up bright and early and headed down to Brittany's Hair Diva to get our hair done, then headed to the church. All I can say about our wedding is WOW! Everyone and everything was beautiful. We had the best group of friends and family surrounding us. My dream had come true and this is a day I will never forget. I married my best friend, my true love, and soul mate. I will let the pictures speak for themselves:


Daddy walking his daughter down the aisle

Saying our vows


I now pronounce you Mr. & Mrs. Jonathan Eide

Family Photo



Cutting Jonathans cake







Needless to say we had one heck of a time!!! It flew by too fast though! Like Jacob said, "I wish we could get married every month!" The kids had a blast as well. Thanks to everyone that come. We had so much fun and we are thankful to each and every one of you. You made our wedding a day we will never forget! Much love to all, especially my parents, Mike and Susie Orsak who made all of this possible! Thank you for putting up with all my crazy ideas but also for making all of them come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment