Friday, December 7, 2012

Baby on Board

Surprise! We are expecting, July 4th! Apparently we had too much fun on our honeymoon! I originally wanted to wait a while before we had children but that wasn't in Gods plan for us. When we got back from our honeymoon everything was fine. Life went on and everything went back to normal for us. Work, school, and kids. About a week before I missed my period I woke up with a sore throat and my body ached! I was telling a friend and she said, "You better take a pregnancy test!" No way! I couldn't be! She said she felt that way right before she found out she was pregnant. I faced my fears and took the test. Negative. Whew! No big deal, I went to the doctor the next morning and he said I had a viral infection prescribed me a Z-pac and sent me on my way. I took the antibiotics and felt better within a few days. But I still didn't feel myself, not really bad, just different. I should have started on Monday but nothing. I really didn't think too much about it since I had recently taken a test and it showed negative. Saturday morning, Oct. 27th I woke up and just knew something wasn't right. I just felt different but couldn't place my finger on what though. It kept bothering me that maybe indeed I was pregnant. I decided to go ahead and just take a test again just to put my mind at ease. Before I could even flush the toilet 2 pink lines appeared! I was in total shock! Every thought went through my mind, excited, scared, happy, nervous, even an Oh Sh**! I didn't know how to react, I was in total surprise! I told Jonathan to go look in the bathroom, that is where I left the pregnancy test laying on the sink. He walked out and said, "Really?!" all I could do was shake my head yes. He was excited and asked if everything was OK? I just shook my head agreeing. He then asked, "Well can I at least have a hug?" LOL! I just hugged him with a blank stare. I was just still in shock! And really in disbelief!

I went to the doctors office and took a blood test that following Wednesday, Oct. 31st to verify we were really pregnant. I called the docs office an hour later and it was confirmed, we are expecting! They set up my 1st appointment for Nov.29th. I called Jonathan and told him the news and the excitement began. Now the only thing left was to decide when to tell our parents, friends, and family. We had originally planned to tell them after our 1st appointment just to make sure everything was OK. But Thanksgiving was right before it and we could tell EVERYONE then all at the same time. We contemplated back and forth on when to tell our parents and then everyone else. Finally, we decided to go ahead and tell everyone on Thanksgiving, except the kids and my parents. Sunday the day before Thanksgiving we went to 7am Mass, had breakfast with my parents afterwards and then went home to change and then head out to my parents house to help them cut up some deer meat. When we got home, I sat the kids down in the living room and handed them a poem to read out loud. It said: "We are thankful for so many things, our toys, our friends and so much more. But one thing we can all be thankful for, just maybe, Mom and Dad are having a baby!" They were all smiles! Rheanna asked, "Where is it going to stay?" I told her we were turning the spare/storage room into the baby's room. She was relieved, she just didn't want to share her room! On the other hand Jacob was more than happy to have the baby where ever. He even offered to share his room! But then had lots of questions like how can I have a baby? I am not fat! LOL! Love that lil' boy! Once all the excitement settled at our house we headed to my parents house. We had the kids read the same poem to them! Mom was a little in shock, kinda like how I was at first, but Dad was really excited!! He gave both of us a huge hug!! Fast forward to Thanksgiving day, I had shirts made for the kids that said Big Sister and Big Brother. So when we went to Thanksgiving this how we would tell them! First I had to make a call to my brother, JC. He had to work Thanksgiving and was stuck on the island off of Rockport. He was thrilled when we told him! I could feel the love on the other end of the phone. He will be the one to spoil this child rotten! We went to 3 different house on Thanksgiving so it made for one eventful day! Everyone was excited for us and we couldn't have been more happy!

Nov. 29th was our 1st appointment. Jonathan took off in the morning and joined me. We had our 1st ultrasound at 9. I was nervous but excited! When we got to see him or her for the 1st time my heart fluttered! Then she let us listen to the heartbeat, I was in awe and even got a little teary eyed. It was neat to see our little one on the screen and I can't wait until next time! Everything went well at the appointments, although this was one long appointment. Finally once I though we were done I was sent to do blood work. It didn't take long so it wasn't bad.
Symptoms I have been feeling:
  • TIRED! I have been really tired! Anytime I would sit or relax for more than 10 minutes I will fall asleep. Although this last week I have gained more energy and aren't feeling soo wore out!

  • Hello DD's! Within a months time I had to be re-fitted at Victoria Secret for new bras! I had too make several trips to different department stores too and find a sports bra that would fit and didn't have the razor back. Wearing a bra to bed now is a must! Need the extra support!  

  • Nausea/Smells: I have gotten nausea a few times but nothing too too bad. I haven't had any morning sickness what so ever and haven't had to urge to vomit at all. On the other hand, there are certain smells that get to me. Stinky dogs like the labs at our house make my stomache turn. Smoke smell is starting to really get to me. Some of our Scentsy smells are a little too strong for me and give me a tummy ache. Not trying to gross anyone out but fart smells get to me the worst. I know they aren't suppose to smell like roses but MAN! Those make me gag the worst!

  • No cravings really. Popcorn was a #1 on the list for a while but that has fizzled out now. Still love ranch! Ice Cream is beginning to make its presence known.
Everything else is going good. I haven't been running instead I walk every evening, not really to far seeing as it gets dark early now and I don't want to be on the roads after dark. Our next appointment is Dec. 20th this time we will have to go to Rosenberg which is fine maybe we can do some shopping while we are there! Here is a pic of the kids holding the pic of their baby brother or sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment