Friday, January 14, 2011

Taking it Easy...

Well this week we haven't done too much. We have been on the go so much that we needed some relaxing time and time to spend as just a family. The kids always want to stay with their SoSo and Mo that we haven't been spending actual quality time with them. But this week however we got that quality time!

Last week Jonathan had been working a lot of overtime and getting home late. This week however he has been getting off fairly early, so he can pick up the kids and spend some time with them before I get home. Monday we started something new! I had bought a small dry-erase board, to write notes and reminders and also a Menu for the week. (I had a friend in San Antonio that did this and she said it saved her lots of money.) Me and Rheanna planned out what we would eat for the week, she really enjoyed helping with this, and she really likes the menu plan. She likes to know what is going on all the time, so this helps me a little more to let her know what exactly we are having and for each night. So far the menu planner has been a great success. The money saver behind it is to plan out your meals for the week, buy what food you need if you don't already have it, and that's it! This way you don't have to go to store every other day and you are only buying what you need and not over spending. We will see how everything goes over the month and I will let you know whether or not it worked! (Hopeful that it does! :)

Anyways besides sticking to our menu planner, we have spent most of our time inside, which is very weird for all of us. I love to be outside and not cooped up in the house, but it has been too darn cold outside. I really dislike this cold weather, if its below 60 I'm not liking it!! I would rather sweat my butt off then be cold. I guess that is why me and Jonathan and the kids get a long so well. They love to be outside as well! I can't wait for spring and summer to come! We have spent most of our time curled up on the couch and watching movies. There was one day this week I come home to a dark and quiet house, very unusual! I opened the door Jonathan, Jacob, and Rheanna, all sitting on the couch in the dark with the candles lit and watching a movie. I told all of them hi and gave 'em kisses then headed to our room to change. As I was changing I was trying to figure out what movie they were watching.....finally I asked from our room "What are yall watching?" I said loudly. The response I got was  " Shhhh! We are watching a Discovery movie about animals in Africa" I just chuckled to myself.  'Well at least they are quiet and interested in it and its educational' And besides Jacob being silly and talking, and talking, and talking, life as been normal. Rheanna still acts like an animal all the time, hopefully she will become a vet! And Jacob just talks and always wants to help in the kitchen. Every day I'm in the kitchen he runs in there, "Kimmie, can I help? Please? Can I help?" Even if it is just to help make tea he's got to help. At least I know he will be a good cook! LOL!

                                            Daddy and the kids tickling/wrestling playing!

Well we will see how the weekend goes. Saturday we plan on going to Rosenberg then Sealy, hope the kids will be on their best behavior, so we can get some stuff done! Maybe Sunday Jonathan can make some hamburgers, I sure have been wanting some!!!!!!

Well until next time...........God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment