Thursday, January 24, 2013

Practice makes perfect!

This year we had planned to go see Grandpa Jerry and Jane for Christmas. We had planned to leave the day after Christmas get there at night then rest up and enjoy a few days with them. The kids were excited, especially Rheanna. She wanted to see snow so bad and get to play in it. I thought it would be great to get to spend Christmas break somewhere new and was looking very forward to it. As we got closer to Christmas it was getting harder for me to stay seated for a very long time. My tailbone ached if I sat too long and had to get up and walk around or stand for a while. So when we went to the doctor for our next appt. we asked if it would be a good idea to travel during the holidays. The doctor said that we could but I would need to get out every other hour and walk for a while, also to sit with a tempur-pedic pillow underneath me as well for extra support. After discussing this with the doctor and between ourselves, we decided it wouldn't be a good idea to go to New Mexico after all. I was really upset and told Jonathan I thought I could just lay on my side and sleep the whole way there. He wasn't buying it though. We told the kids and they were really upset as well, but they also understood it wasn't good for me to sit that long either. They decided we could all go next year so that Grandpa Jerry and Jane could see the baby as well! So glad they are understanding...well sometimes! ;)
Rheanna called Grandpa Jerry later that week and they got to visit. He had asked if she got to shoot her gun yet. (When they came down for the wedding they brought the kids Christmas gifts since they wouldn't fit in the mail or couldn't be shipped anyways. Grandpa Jerry handed down his .22 gun to Rheanna as long as she promised to take care of it and keep it in the family. She agreed.) We hadn't had time to take it to deer camp and let her practice until the week after Christmas. She was a little hesitate at first but then really got the hang of it. She did GREAT! It took Daddy a while to site the gun in but once it was sited, it shot like a champ!! Daddy taught her how to load the bullets, safety, and fire. She has a pretty good aim! She takes good care of her gun and Daddy even lets her keep it in her closet. Other day we were watching the news and saw a house get burglarized, Rhea said, "That's why I keep my gun in the closet! So in case someone tries to break in I can protect myself!" Smart little girl. We have gone over gun safety with her many times and she is probably more aware about safety than most adults out there. She would like to Thank Grandpa Jerry for giving her such a meaningful gift and most of all one she can treasure and keep for years to come! Thanks!

Loading the bullets
Take Aim...

Using her gun holder she win from the Wild Game Supper

Daddy teaching Rhea to aim

Getting ready for another round


Yea, she shoots Left handed.

Pretty good target!

No comments:

Post a Comment