Thursday, January 24, 2013

17 Weeks

I am a little behind on this post. I am 17 weeks along now, but our last appointment was Jan. 14th and I had just turned 16 weeks. The appointment was short and quick. Nothing really changed at all except when we were trying to hear the heartbeat the baby was moving around. The doc said he/she was squirming around but only for a second or two and then we heard the heart beat, strong and steady just like before. We discussed a few things and then were sent on our way. Our next appt. is Feb. 7th! We are so excited about this appt. we can hardly stand it! We will get to see our baby and hopefully find out the sex! We are really hoping that the baby cooperates! We are also switching things up a bit and will be having a gender reveal party! Our family friend Kris and my Aunt Carrie will be hosting the party on Feb. 9th! The invites have been sent out and I can't wait until the day comes! I just really hope that the baby will cooperate and we don't run into any problems. If so, we will have to cancel the whole party and I will be one sad Momma! :(
On a brighter note, the Doc said we are right on course and the baby seems to be healthy and happy. I haven't gained any weight at all yet, and the doc said this is fine. I am starting to see a bump finally although I feel as though I am just fat. Rhea use to tell me to eat more so that my belly would grow but just yesterday she said "Momma, you are getting bigger and that means the baby is growing!" I haven't felt any butterflies, as they call it, or movements yet. I am hoping by our next appt. I will have felt them. The kids have also really enjoyed me reading to them about the baby. Each week we read how big the baby has grown and what it is doing now. They love knowing how big it is! This week it is as big as an onion. When Jacob heard this he ran to the kitchen to grab an onion but we were all out. So I went to the store the next day and bought an onion. They carried the onion around for a while acting like it was the baby. Silly kids!
Well, I guess that about wraps it up for now. Here is the invite we sent out to our Gender Reveal Party I think Kris and Carrie did a wonderful job! Can't wait til Feb. 9th!! Rheanna wants us to have a boy and Jacob said he will be happy either way. What do you think it is?




No comments:

Post a Comment