Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I said......YES!!!

Hello everyone!! We are.......ENGAGED!!! Yahoo! I am a little late getting the news on here, but so much has been going on. On August 20, 2012 Jonathan made me the happiest woman in the whole wide world. Here is the whole story from the beginning:
Saturday we were suppose to have a few people over, like Dawn and her kiddos and possibly Kellyn and Wes. Well...Dawn found out that Dan was getting to come home so they were going to stay at home. Kellyn and Wes had left and went to Houston to just hang out and wouldn't be back till later. So once we found this out we decided to head to the pond and BBQ out there. Once we got there, Roger (a friend from Deer Camp) and his family were there hanging out. We talked with them for a pretty good while and then they left. By this time James had gotten there. The kids were having fun swimming in the pond, Jonathan was BBQ some chicken and James and I were taking it easy, watching the kids and talking with Jonathan. I called Kellyn and she said they were on their way home and would come by the pond to hang out for a little bit. We waited, and waited, Jonathan kept asking me if they were still coming. I said "Well I'm pretty sure, they will be here later. Don't worry about it." Little did I know he wanted them to be there when he proposed. By this time the chicken was done, and the kids had gotten out of the water. They were hungry!! Rhea, Jake, and I started eating some of the chicken. Jonathan was sitting on the side with Jake and was talking about how he wanted to go swimming. (To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying, I was just catching bits and pieces.) LOL!  Although I do remember this part.....He said he wanted to go swim to the floating dock. I told him "Well go then!" Right at that moment he got up and I took a bite of the chicken. He came around to my side of the table, got down on one knee and said, " I can't go swimming with this in my pocket, I'm too scared I'll lose it! Will you marry me??" My first words: "Shut Up!" I had to do a double take, then said "Oh My God!! Its so pretty! YES! But wait I still have chicken all in my mouth! LOL" We we hugged and kissed like never before!
I was so excited that I didn't even know his brother James was video recording all of it. After loving on Jonathan I showed Rhea, she thought it was pretty. I then turned to Jake and asked if he knew about it, he said "Yea, me and Daddy went and got it!" I can't believe he actually kept a secret even if it was for just a day! I hugged both of them and took a picture and sent it to everyone! Of course I had to call my Mom and Dad first! They were thrilled and very happy for us!!!



Since then I have been busier than ever. We are getting married October 6, 2012 at St. Philips Catholic Church. I booked our hall in Hillje and even ordered my wedding dress. Some of our wedding decorations have already came in and others we are slowly getting to us. We have lots to do before the big day, and plenty of time.
I also have our website created for the wedding: http://kimandjonny.ourwedding.com/

This is also the link to our video of the proposal. I have to warn you, I am pretty dramatic in this and it is kinda embarrassing the way I react! Oh well!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=2080876978447

Until Next Time, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment