Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Its a ......BOY!!!

So Thursday we had our 2nd ultrasound and another doc. visit. I was so excited I could barely contain myself! I couldn't wait to see our little bundle of joy! Our appt. was scheduled at 2:00 but both Jonathan and I took off at noon to do some running around first. I stopped off at Faith Lutheran Daycare to check it out. I was very happy with the facility and all the ladies seemed very nice. I liked that the daycare was smaller and it seemed more personal. We still haven't decided exactly what we are going to do once the baby is born but I will return to work. I would rather have a private sitter in my home for a few months before Baby E. goes to daycare, but we shall see. Once I got done at the daycare we grabbed some lunch and headed to Wharton to our doc appt.

We got there a little early probably because I was so excited! As soon as we got there they called us back for the Ultrasound. I let the sonogramer know that we were having a Gender Reveal Party and if she could tell what the baby was I had a piece of paper for her to write it down on and also an envelope to put it in. She loved the idea! She started the ultrasound and man was Baby E active! We got a few pictures but could not get a face shot! She wrote down what gender the baby was and sent us on our way. We next visited the doc which is always great! I love our doc and he always makes Jonathan laugh. I had a few concerns since I hadn't gained any weight yet but he reassured me everything was fine and Baby E is growing like a weed! Around 10 oz. right now! He told me not to worry the weight gain will come later plus that is less for me to lose later! He did tell me to start eating or drinking more calcium or gave me some Caltrate chewable vitamins to eat with lunch and dinner. We scheduled our next appt. for 4 weeks later.

We then headed to Sugarland to do our baby registry at Target. Wow, was that a task! It took us quite some time to complete this task but Jonathan was a good sport about it all. He was also a big help with picking out things and saying what we needed and didn't need. Kinda glad he has done this before but somethings are new to him too! Once we finally finished our registry we headed to Olive Garden to have an early Valentines Day date. It was a great day and wonderful evening. Now we just had to wait until Saturday to find out what our bundle of joy would be...Boy or Girl?!

Saturday couldn't come fast enough. Everything was set up so nice at Carrie and Billy's house. Kris and Carrie did a great job with the decorating. There was lots of blue and pink everywhere! Finally the time came to do the Gender Announcement!!! I could barely control my excitement! Everyone gathered and we counted the votes...18 Boy and 16 Girl. The plan was for Carrie to wind the jack-in-the-box and the animal would pop out. Well....everyone was surprised she turned it once and POP! the horse jumped out with a blue ribbon on it! Its a BOY!!!! I was so happy I couldn't believe it was true! I had wanted a little boy from the first time we found out we were pregnant! Plus we already had a boy name picked out Parker Wallace Eide. We love this name! Parker was a name we immediately agreed on and Wallace was Jonathan's grandpa Eide's middle name. I am really looking forward to boots, blue jeans, and caps from now on! Boys are a handful but so much fun! We are really looking forward to meeting Parker!!

Parker's Spine


Its a Boy!

We want to send a special Thank You to Kris Linzza and Carrie Drapela for setting everything up and giving us such a wonderful Gender Reveal Party. All your hard work was greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment