Monday, June 17, 2013

WCYF Part 2

Fair week continued for us on Wednesday when Jacob did his Mutton' Bustin'. This was his 1st and last year he could ride. ( I wish I would have put him in it last year!) I was just hoping he was in a good mood when I got home from work and hoping he was still up to the challenge. Well when I got home he was in a funky and I mean funky mood. We tried everything to cheer him up, nothing was working. Finally before heading out there we stopped by Snoball and asked if he wanted some ice. ( He had on a white shirt and we didn't want him to make a mess.) Once he got his Snoball ice he brightened up real fast!! We headed to the Fair and got ready for his Mutton' Bustin'. We got to the Fair and they lined all the kids up, Jacob was first. I really didn't want him to be first since he had never done it before. But I gave him a few pointers and told him to hang on as tight as he could! They geared him up and he was ready to go! He climbed onto the sheep, got a good grip, and the countdown started.....The gate flew open and he hung on as best as he could! He made it almost all the way to the other side of the arena! When he fell off he stood up, high-fived one of the volunteers, and walked off like a true cowboy!! I was so proud of him!! He scored an 84 and was the leader! He remained the leader as all the other children barely made it out of the gate or barely made it half way. That was until the end when the last little boy from EC rode. He did just as good as Jacob and the judges gave him a score of 85! Both of the boys did a great job and we couldn't have been more proud of Jacob!! When it was finished he was grinning ear to ear and said he had sooo much FUN! Although he did have to show me where the sheep trampled him! LOL! He recieved a t-shirt and a button. He proudly wore his button to school the next day and loves to wear his t-shirt he got!

The pictures are poor quality but I still haven't received the originals yet, and couldn't wait any longer to post. Sorry :(
Jacob hanging on tight!

As he says it, "I got trampled"

My lil' cowboy!

Afterwards with his huge smile and t-shirt!

The next evening was when he showed his Bucket Calf. My Mom, So, got him from school and they loaded up Kasey and took her to the fair. We were suppose to meet them after we got off of work but the Bucket Calf show started earlier this year and by the time we got out there he was already done showing. Jonathan and I were so upset that we missed it but Jacob didn't seem to mind. Of course he had his SoSo there to watch and help him. But I find a great picture of him on the Fair website, and yes I'm still waiting on that original to come in as well. SoSo said Jacob did a good job but was not in any mood to hang around. It was way too cold he said. The weather is past year during the Fair has been crazy! Usually it is steaming hot and this year it was freezing! CRAZY! Anyways here is Jacob with his Bucket Calf.

Friday night was our last night for Fair activites. Both the kids were in Family Fun Night. Usually they do Family Fun night on Monday but for some ungodly reason they had it on Friday night. As you can tell I was not a happy camper about the switch and that is only the beginning. They asked all children participating in Family Fun Night to be there at 7:30 ready to go. We were there at 7:00 they lined all the kids up and set them on the bleachers. They were finishing up another event and then they were 'suppose' to do the Pig Chase. YEA RIGHT! They made all the kids wait while the older kids got together, lined up and started a new event. They made the 6-7, 8-9, and 10-11 year olds wait until 9:30 before they started the Pig Chase event. I was not happy at all about this. And they will definitely hear about it from this unhappy Momma. Not only to make matters worse when Rheannas group was doing the pig chase she caught a pig and not one of the adult leaders helped her get it across the line. The pig ended up getting away and then when she caught another one the same thing happened. I was royally pissed off at this point!! I tried not to let the kids see that I was upset but did tell both of them how extremely proud of them I was and its not their fault no one was there to help them. OK, my ranting is over now. Lol! I couldn't get a good picture of Jacob but did get one of Rheanna.


Overall we had a great time at the Fair this year with only a few mishaps. We will be back next year and ready for more action!!

No comments:

Post a Comment